Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
The 8th edition residential code is comprised of the International Residential Code 2009 (IRC) and a separate package with Massachusetts amendments. The IRC is sold by the International Code Council www.iccsafe.org and the Massachusetts amendments package will be available at the State House Bookstore (617-727-2834)."
Friday, March 25, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Operators under the age of 18 are required to take a safety course. No one under 10 may operate a vehicle under any circumstances. Persons between the ages of 10 to 14 are only allowed to use the vehicles in a sanctioned and supervised race, or to prepare for the race under adult supervision. All vehicles must now be registered with the Massachusetts Environmental Police.
Fines have been increased for recklessly operating an off road vehicle.
For this and other laws about motor vehicles, see our page, Law about Automobiles.
Friday, March 18, 2011
For the entire Rules of Professional Conduct, and other helpful information for and about attorneys, see our page Law about Lawyers.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
- Automatically protects up to $125,000 in home equity without filing
- Protects up to $500,000 for those who file for homestead protection
- Allows both spouses to file
- Clarifies that there is no need to re-file after refinancing. For those with a pre-existing homestead, NCLC and MLRI recommend: "Every homeowner who has refinanced his/her mortgage in the last several years should consider recording a new homestead declaration since many refinancing mortgages contained a waiver of homestead rights.")
- Permits homestead protection for homes kept in trusts
- Permits homestead protection for manufactured homes