Saturday, January 19, 2013

Unemployment Overpayment - What to do?

If you have been overpaid by the Division of Unemployment Assistance, you can apply for a Waiver of Overpayment, as long as no fraud has been committed.  According to Massachusetts General Law chapter 151A section 69(c), you may not be required to repay the money. MassLegalHelp has a great page that will guide you through the process. MassLegalServices has a great explanation of unemployment overpayment. Also, take a look at our Law About Unemployment page.